Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Martian Half....13.1 no it was 13.52

I ran my hardest I gave it my all and yet again I came in just under 2! On an awesome note it was my fastest one. I new at my 11 I could not do it bc of the distance discrepency. I got a bit upset so I of course was tired and thought "forget it I can do it" and yes I fricken stopped and walked....ugh! I am hating myself this morning. That is where I lost my 1:31 minute. SARA WHAT WERE YOU THINKING??? I feel like my form was good. I will be honest I was not thinking much about the form. I was so flipping focused on my time. Dont go to fast dont go to slow...I would look at it about every half mile. I would be running an 8 and would say slow down sister..then it was a 9:10. I honestly think the problem is the watch....so bye bye watch! I love you but I am obsessed with you. I really want to go to Kalamzoo May 8th and run that one...and of course Bayshore. My legs were spent at my 11 so for the next few weeks my focus is going to be lunges front and back, squats...all sorts of them, leg presses did I mention lunges and squats!!! So yes my focus is to get these legs a bit stronger. I love a half marathon...I love my running friends what more could a girl ask for!

3 comments:

  1. awww Sara! You did SO great and I agree, i think perhaps the watch has to go. I will do the Kzoo with you on Momma's Day and we will just run. I'll have the watch and just see what happens. If you want to push for sub 2, we'll push for sub 2. Or we can just run it to run it and see what happens. Honestly what has helped me is doing repeats at race pace: Doing 1 mile repeats every week at your goal 1/2 marathon pace and adding a mile each week. We can even take your long run this week (or next week) and do mile repeats. You can switch between that and tempo runs. Girl you have the leg strength, I don't doubt that. I think it's just getting you used to that pace for longer time periods. Let's talk more and we can make a plan for Friday's run. I am sure the other girls would be up for it too ;o) Love me my running friends too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The race distance was a serious head game, no doubt. Sara you have it in you!! If you can run it in a training run, you can do it in a race for sure. I like the idea of running a 1/2 with only the distance on your garmin, just listen to your body and know it is going to hurt just a little bit. I'm liking the idea of doing the Mother's Day race or I'm getting an itch to do the Bayshore 1/2 instead of the 10k.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just want to give you a big hug. I so wish I could have been there. I know you have it in you girl. I know I am not scheduled to do a half until August in Chicago, but If for any reason you have not reached your goal for under 2 by then, I promise I will get you there :) If there is one thing I can do, running at the same pace (miss consistency, whether I like it or not) and I rarely look at my watch.

    ReplyDelete